[macemacsjp-english 569] Re: remote file editing using carbon emacs

Zurück zum Archiv-Index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Tue Apr 25 06:54:15 JST 2006

Am 24.04.2006 um 21:40 schrieb Oliver Zahn:

> by running applications remotely i just meant whether other programs
> (say gv or fv) that have a sizeable GUI can be made to load that GUI
> locally, but fetch the data they display from somewhere else, like
> emacs using tramp.

I think for this you would need X11 forwarding over Secure SHell to
your locally running X server, VNC, or Remote Desktop. I have to
admit that I never used the latter two.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete