[macemacsjp-english 558] carbon-font, fixed-width-fontset issue

Zurück zum Archiv-Index

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.f****@ed*****
Sun Apr 16 21:05:55 JST 2006

Hi,

I emailed the Aquamacs list about this problem because that is the
Emacs I am using at the moment, but Zenitani-san reminded me that
carbon-font and fixed-width-fontset are MacEmacsJP projects.  Hence
this post.

I loaded the carbon-font and fixed-width-fontset packages in order for
Japanese kana and kanji to become more readable.  Doing so worked fine
-- for which I (and my eyes) are very grateful -- but it had an
unwanted side-effect: the bold faces became unreadable, as in this
screenshot of the Aquamacs modeline:

           http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~jmf/Tmp/OSX/uglybold.png

I then looked at the documentation in the elisp files and decided to
change the default fontset to hiraginomin 14-point medium.  The actual
number (12, 14, 16,... ) seems to make absolutely no difference to the
size of the font displayed, but at least it made the bold faces much
more readable, although they are several points smaller, as in this
second screenshot of the Aquamacs modeline:

           http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~jmf/Tmp/OSX/smallbold.png

Is this the intended behaviour?

In any case, I would like to make the bold faces larger without
spoiling the improved kana/kanji faces.

Many thanks in advance,

                        Jose

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
School of Mathematics           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553